Private Bin was formed in 1961 by the late Murray Tyrrell to provide members with exclusive access to small-production wines from our premium Hunter Valley vineyards. Today, our Private Bin wines remain true to Murray’s vision, produced in small quantities only when the quality of the vintage allows.
Private Bin members receive:
- Exclusive pre-release access to Winemaker’s Selection, Single Vineyard and Sacred Sites wines before the general public at pre-release prices
- 20% off standard Cellar Door prices of all other Tyrrell’s wines, excluding promotional offers
- Free domestic freight on orders (minimum six bottles)
- Priority access to museum and large format wines
- Complimentary standard tastings in the historic members only tasting rooms at the winery
- Invitations to exclusive tastings, member events, and special offers
- Commitment to purchase a minimum of 12 bottles per year from the pre-release Winemaker’s Selection, Sacred Sites or Single Vineyard ranges.
- Wines are pre-selected by the member and held in reserve as a “wine allocation” until release each year. Selections may be amended at any time. Tasting dozens are also available upon request, with the configuration predetermined by Tyrrell’s.
- Red wines are released in May, Semillon is released in September, and Chardonnay is released in November each year.
- To become a Private Bin member, fill out and submit the membership form below. To activate your membership we will send you the current vintage of wines in your wine allocation, and then you will receive the new vintages as they are released moving forward.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of the oldest wine clubs in Australia.