Tyrrell’s is one of Australia’s most acclaimed family-owned and operated wine producers and a foundation member of Australia’s First Families of Wine. Established in 1858 and based in the Hunter Valley, Tyrrell’s has an extensive product range including several iconic Australian classics and is a leader of the Australian wine sector.
About The Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated person to fill a full time role within our Vineyard team in Pokolbin.
Tyrrell’s are the custodians of some of the rarest and oldest vine material in the world. This is a hand’s on role that will require an understanding of a variety of vineyard activities, in accordance with seasonal requirements in order to assist in the development and maintenance of the vineyard. This role will include some overseeing of staff in day-to-day activities.
- Vineyard Machinery Operations – tractor and implements
- General in season vine maintenance
- Hand picking
- Irrigation Repairs/Operations
- Harvesting Operations
- Soil Management Operations
- Herbicide & Fungicide Spraying
- Pest and disease monitoring
Skills & Experience:
- Farm / Viticulture or Horticultural Experience
- Cane pruning experience preferred
- Previous Mechanical Harvester operating is an advantage
- Tractor operations
- Drivers Licence
- Chemical Users Certificate
A remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. There is also a possibility of shared accommodation on site.
To apply in complete confidence, please email your covering letter and current CV to our Human Resources Officer at [email protected]
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and applications close on Thursday 30th September, 2021.